6. February 2019 21:52
By doing your grocery shopping online and taking the time to cook your own meals you can easily save up to £3 a day over Frozen food and ready meals.
You will be healthier for it too!
In this blog will be showing you how to make a tasty chicken and tomato pasta bake for just £3.42 from Amazon Fresh.
You can buy this as a microwave meal for 4 at Tesco for £5.00, but when its cheaper and healthier to cook from fresh, then why wouldn't you?
You will need:
Morrisons Penne Pasta 500g-£0.61p
Simply chicken 2 British skinless fresh fillets 300g-£1.66
EAST END FOODS chopped tomatoes 397g-£0.40
Gia sundried tomato puree with oil, herbs and spices 80g-£0.75
- Empty out 3 quarters of the pasta into a pan and add water
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whilst pasta is cooking cut your chicken fillets into small pieces
- Fry off the chicken pieces making sure they are cooked through.
- Drain off your pasta, then, keeping it in the pan add half a tube of the tomato puree and stir until all of the pasta is coated.
- Move the pasta into a deep oven dish/casserol dish
- Add your chicken and spread out evenly through the pasta
- Now add the whole tin of chopped tomatoes
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes at gas mark 4/180 degrees Celsius.
- (if you like your pasta cheese-y you can grate some cheddar or mozzarella cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
With the money you have saved by cooking a homemade meal with Amazon Fresh, why not treat the family to a dessert:
Morrisons Apple Strudel £1.00
Ambrosia Devon Custard-£0.60